For a toast at a wine taste and dinner here some years ago, the muses Thalia and Euterpe each grabbed an ear of our co-founder, P. Grunter Hoggeson III. Grunter then improvised this bit of verse that has been knocking about at Porkopolis.org ever since, perhaps because it so eloquently illustrates the whatness in the work of swine, wine and poets.
- As goatherd learns his trade by goat,
- so writer learns his trade by wrote.
- And swineherd plies his trade by swine,
- just as wino pursues his trade by wine.
- Here today there is much wine in swine,
- fill high your glass, may joy be thine!
- P. Grunter Hoggeson III