United States, (contemporary)
Pig Truck Love Affair
- Ah, (cough, cough) got me a truck to use fer haulin’ pigs.
- It’s a big dirty truck and not clean like other rigs.
- My pig haulin’; truck is caked with rust, pig shit and piss.
- Ugly, stinkin’ flithy mess, impossible to miss.
- We go down the highway, yeah, oink, oink, squeal!
- It’s a job, it’s a life, yeah, it’s how I buy my meals.
- The engine shakes and groans in the engine well
- as my pig truck rolls on the road to little piggy’s hell.
- To Disneyland or Canada go families in their mini vans
- with the kids waving at the truckers with their sticky hands.
- If your little kids ever waved at me it would be a fluke,
- ’cause my truck is nasty and makes most people puke.
- I could of had a different job, driving a different truck.
- A beer van, a city bus, even a taxi cab wouldn’t suck,
- but like Lucifer, I am a sort of angel that fell,
- instead of brimstone or lakes of fire, I have piggy smell.
- Pig haulers never cry in their beer, or bitch or whine.
- No, we just roll down the road with a truck load of swine.
- It’s a lonely life, ya stop up the tears with a cork
- ’cause if it weren’t for me then you’d have to haul the pork.
- It ain’t so bad, ’cause my truck is mine and mine alone
- I’m the king of pig hauling, yeah, my truck is my throne.
- On my own, I got no boss, or a back that’s ah achin’
- the pay is good, so you can say I really bring home the bacon.
- When I ride in my pig truck, I thank the Lord above.
- Hauling pigs is more than a job, man, it’s an act love.
- And some day when I die I hope it’s in my rig.
- Don’t bury me, just grind me up and feed me to the pigs.
DOGVOX, the Dada Poetry section of Dogvox Industries.
About the Poet
Robert Silvera, Editor-in-Chief and Art Director of Chihuahuaboy, an on-line ‘zine. [DES-6/03]